Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Angel in Training

I am pretty sure it has been decided that I am not just a seasonal employee anymore.  This is very exciting for me as I have been having a blast working at Victoria's Secret.  Honestly, every part of my life has been enhanced since I started my job.  My relationship, my connection with friends, and my usual optimistic outlook has returned full force.  I feel more feminine than I ever have before.

I closed at cash-wrap last night and I thought we were never going to get through all of our go-backs.  Customers are our number one priority, and so most of my time was spent getting our patrons through the line and out the door.  Right as we were ready to begin to clean up, our last customer, a bride, stepped into my line.  This bride was Indian royalty and had collected four full shoppers of 90 items.  Panties, bras, teddies, sleep wear; she had everything.  One couldn't help but fill a mixture of awe, excitement and jealousy.  As materialistic as I try not to be, I still find myself daydreaming of the day I can walk into a Victoria's Secret without checking every single price tag.

Many women complain about the retail price of our bras.  However, I've never found the price to be an inconvenience.  I've purchased cheaper bras at Marshall's and none of them lasted more than 6 months.  Thin material, cheaply constructed; the design clearly lacking any sort of understanding of the requirements of a proper-fitting bra.  Never have I had this problem at Victoria's Secret, and I mean that sincerely.  Each VS bra I've purchased has lasted over a year, and some far longer.  For me, this certainly justifies all of the time and money I've invested into the company thus far.

I understand that VS isn't for everyone, but I'm happy to say that it's become a source of happiness for me in more ways than I could've imagined.  I have more training and observations to come in the next few weeks, and there will be more to write and reflect on I'm sure... :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment