Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Angel Body: Day 1

This is Adriana Lima.  She's been my absolute, most favorite Angel ever since I began shopping at Victoria's Secret.  That is her butt, and it is my goal for the summer.  I look forward to trimming down my tummy and toning up overall, but my butt is a new goal for me.

I started working out again today, and I've got my work cut out for me!  Lunges are terribly difficult right now as my thighs (hamstrings and quads) are very out of shape.  After 2 sets/20 reps of regular and donkey kick lunges, I was done with them.  I'm going to gradually increase the number of sets as I get more confident and toned.

Crunches are my other enemy.  I have a love/hate relationship with them.  Love what they do/hate the time it takes to get there.  Right now I started with 2 sets each of regular, reverse, and twist crunches.  I should do eagles, but I'm going to bide my time with that one...  The above video is for those who do not know what an eagle crunch is.  I wish they didn't "look" so easy!  Again, love/hate (even more so after an hour of hot yoga).

I've always been a big fan of body weight resistance exercise.  I've never been concerned with wanting to lift heavy weights, or running long distance.  Give me calisthenics, baby!

Today's positive:  I can feel my glutes hating me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment