Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Fit Card

This is my fit card.  We give one to every woman that we size.  We write down her name, her size, and the date.  Every woman should get sized every 6 months or so because our bodies change so much due to hormones, weight changes, and the like.

It's also really important to try on the bras before you purchase them.  I found out that our Dream Angels collection is simply not for me.  The position of the straps and the particular lace material used on the wing creates a lot of discomfort.  Jessica, my lovely co-angel and bra fitting guru, told me that Dream Angels irritated her too and she simply couldn't wear anything from that collection.

I spent about 2 hours trying on bras.  We started with 34C Push-Ups when it became very apparent that they didn't look right.  She brought me our new Gorgeous Push-Up in a 34D and then we started to see a difference.  The reason for this is because the Push-Up has limited coverage and the larger cup size helps provide coverage while also giving you cleavage and lift.  Makes sense!  This includes our Very Sexy and Body By Victoria collections.

I also tried on some our Incredible collection.  This bra has our Infinity Edge technology, which means the seams lie flat and are not stitched (like the Dream Angels).  This creates smoother lines so that you won't see the bra underneath her clothes.  Interestingly enough, I can make do with a 34C in the Incredible Push-Up and Racerback Push-Up.  The smooth shape enables it to fit more tightly without bunching or pulling on the skin.  It lies flat.  This bra also features self-adjusting straps, so it has no clips or strap adjusters, which helps the seamless look.

Body By Victoria is probably my most loved collection of all.  Like the Dream Angels, this bra features Memory Fit technology, so the bra molds to your shape.  However, it also has softer straps, softer lace, and is made with nylon/Lycra spandex.  This gives it what we call "4-Way Stretch", which means you can stretch the length and the width of the wing.  This is the ultimate in soft, comfortable bras.  I turned out to be a 34D in Demis, but a 34C in Full Coverage.  Remember, less coverage might mean a larger cup size for you!

Multi-Ways and Strapless!  Again, the Very Sexy Multi-Way was killer on me 34D.  I also tried on the PINK Multi-Way Push-Up in 34D and the cut was so flattering.  Sweet lace detailing, but plenty of coverage and support.

Showstopper Collection - Again, 34D in Demi, 34C in Full Coverage.  This is a very comfortable bra as well that lies seamlessly against the body.

Unforgettable Collection - The Demi in 34D looked awful on me.  Not enough coverage in the right places, and just felt awkward.  I'll have to try on the Push-Up in 34D next time.


Verdict:  I am, in fact, between sizes.  Depending on the style, individual cut, and features of the bra, you could be multiple sizes.  I ended up exchanging my Dream Angels Push-Up for a Body By Victoria Demi.  Jess and I both agreed that one looked the best on me.  <3 So, taking the time to try on the bras will really make a difference and save you the hassle of discovering in the middle of a date that your bra straps are slipping down.





No comments:

Post a Comment